“What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.”
Strongly Suggested Reading: • The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
• Love is a Decision by Gary Smalley & John Trent • Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman • His Needs, Her Needs by Willard F. Harley, Jr. • Saving Your Marriage Before it Startsby Drs. Les & Leslie Parrott • Boundaries in Marriage by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend • Safe People by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend Pre-Marital Counseling Topics: • Communication
• What is a Safe Relationship? (“Before the I Do’s” by Arch Hart & Sharon M. May)
• “The Pile Principle” (From Refuge by Dr. James Reeves)
• Intimacy, Romance and Sex
• The Do’s and Don’ts of a Good Marriage
• What is a Healthy Relationship? Recognizing Warning Signs if the Relationship is Unhealthy.
• Gender Gap Facts
• Decision Making and Finances
• Must Have Conversations: Goals, Expectations and Responsibilities
• Conflict Resolution
Catholic Pre-Marital Counseling Available
Pre-Marital counseling attendance is often mandated by a church or pastor. I recommend at least six 45 minute sessions. Supplemental materials (readings, evaluations and worksheets) will be provided. Between sessions assignments will be given and will be discussed during following session. The fee for Couples Therapy is $80 per session or if a “six session package” is preferred the fee would be $395.00 (a savings of $85). The “six session package” must be completed within 12 weeks.
DISCLAIMER of Patricia Lux and MH Sub I, LLC as hosting company dba TherapySites.
Patricia Lux and TherapySites expressly disclaim all warranties and responsibilities of any kind, whether express or implied, for the accuracy or reliability of the content of any information contained in this site, and for the suitability, results, effectiveness or fitness for any particular purpose of the content. You are solely responsible for your use or reliance on such information and any foreseeable or unforeseeable consequences arising out of such use or reliance. In no event will Patricia Lux or TherapySites be liable for any damages resulting from the use of or inability to use, the content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or other legal theory, and whether or not Patricia Lux or TherapySites is advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will Patricia Lux's and TherapySites's aggregate liability exceed U.S. $100.